Many home service businesses thrived over the past few years because people were stuck at home. That’s the good news. The bad news is the free ride is over. And if you’re like most contractors, you’re probably already seeing the impact on your bottom line and are looking for places to cut.
Here’s the thing: Smart home service companies always grow in down times because so much of the competition thinks the way to survive is to fold up the marketing tent and hide under the table.
In this episode of Toolbox for the Trades—Why You Shouldn't Dump Marketing During a Slump, Al Levi joins Tommy Mello, founder and CEO of A1 Garage Door Service, to unpack why now is the time for you to embrace this powerful albeit counterintuitive 3-prong strategy:
- Lean hard into growth by improving efficiencies
- Double down on marketing
- Explore acquisition opportunities
Listen to this podcast and begin to see business slowdowns for what they really are—tremendous opportunities for growth.
Here are just a few things they discuss:
- (2:49) Building on internal processes during the slow times
- (7:41) Making tough choices and a common pricing mistake
- (23:17) The keys to smart marketing and branding
- (36:21) Why many contractors don’t consider acquisitions
If you’re a contractor who is worried about how to navigate the future as things become tighter, this podcast is for you.