The clients I coach on how to improve their closing ratio [which is how many service calls they go on vs. the amount of calls they actually close a sale]
Their installation sales have reported a dramatic increase by just energizing one of the many steps we talk about. The one technique I start with is called the “One Step Close.” The One Step close means that you arrive at a sales call and are able to make a proposal on-site and close the sale right then and there.
Anyone can do the One Step Close thanks to new technology that allows them to do what I advocate which is get in front of the right customer, at the right time and deliver a professional proposal in with a passionate presentation that addresses the customer’s needs and wants.
Here’s the brief overview of the tricks and tips I teach so you too can do a “One Step Close”:
- Train your CSR [aka Customer Service Rep] with a prepared script on how to qualify the customer over the phone and build sales momentum for the sales person coming.
- Train your Sales Person [what I call a System Engineer] what script to use to qualify the customer over the phone and build sales momentum.
- Have your laptop loaded up with templates for projected job costing and templates to provide a printed proposal that is descriptive in what the customer will get for their money.
- Use a remote wireless access that allows the you to show a customer websites for products you sell or options you want to discuss with them.
- Make a presentation typically in Power Point that is a slide show on the laptop that shows them the various stages of the job from start to finish.
- Fill your presentation with Customer testimonials that backup everything your saying.
- Have good looking brochures inserted in a presentation folder for all the sale materials.
- Create a proposal from a template by printing it up on a portable printer. This is the only way to present a proposal at the time of the call which automatically differentiates you from your competitors.
- Go through the proposal line by line with the potential buyer instead of trying to mail, fax or email it so you can share a Feature-Advantage-Benefit for each of the items you have on your proposal.
Practice these techniques at your shop and on your phone in role-plays and I assure you your closing rate will skyrocket and you’ll make more sales for more profit.